Monday, May 23, 2011

More shower decorations . . . paper flowers


More shower decor for Baby Week.

Today I’m sharing some paper flowers.
I think these were originally inspired by an
Anthropologie window display.

These are easy to make and look great
for decorating a baby or wedding shower.
You can use any paper or color scheme.
 
HOW TO MAKE PAPER FLOWERS
 
  What you will need:
paper (scrapbook, gift wrap, tissue, vintage patterns, 
sheet music, book pages, etc.)
buttons or brads
twist ties or wire
scissors
optional: lace, vintage jewelry, brooches, etc.
 
1) Cut rough shaped squares out of paper from 1" to 6" graduating in size, using 3-9 different types of paper {you can make any size flower you want and use zigzag or other fancy edged scissors}.
 
2) Stack together largest to smallest on top.
 
3) Use scissor point or brad to poke hole in center of all squares.
 
4) Place brad through center hole to finish or use a vintage button and put a twist tie or wire through the button hole on the back side. You can use the twist tie to attach the flower to anything.
 
5) Use your scissors and curl the corners of the bottom 2-3 squares.
 

 

Voila!
Pretty paper flowers to add to a package,
table decorations or hang anywhere.
String a bunch together and make a banner.


These look pretty for weddings or showers using lace,
burlap, vintage wedding papers, etc.
Adding a paper bunting or banner with the baby's or bride's name
or quote is also nice for the new mom or bride to keep.




Have fun creating and decorating!
 
[Of course, if you don't want to make your own flowers
or banner, I would be happy to make them for you. 
Just send me an email or 
convo me through etsy for a special order item.]


~ Julie

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it! My sister-in-law is expecting along with the banner and the flowers these look great!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for decorating for a shower and my neighbor is about to give a baby shower for her daughter's first baby and I will be passing this idea along to her!
    Thanks Julie!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing these!! And I'm showing them to my daughters too. They will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, these are just what my Mom needs for an upcoming bridal shower. I'm sending her the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine way of eхρlаіning, and nіce
    pаragrаph to obtain dаtа about my presentation fοcus, which і аm goіng to conѵey in university.
    My webpage : monster truck birthday party

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...