Monday, July 19, 2010

Tea Time in the Gazebo . . .

Welcome to tea in the gazebo.
We just got the gazebo ready for summer; our summer is late here. We have had so much rain in the month of June. We enjoy having our morning coffee in the gazebo, and how about an afternoon tea party? Come and join us . . . 

Here's the before and after

I bought 2 of the pillows and made new covers for the cushions and other pillows with Waverly coordinating fabrics. The pillows and covers are reversible, with different fabrics for a different look.


On the coffee table, an inherited vintage table runner with a pretty embroidered basket on each end; also has matching napkins which are on the backs of the chairs and loveseat, china teacups, Franciscan Desert Rose teapot, and antique milk bottle holder . . .


A great find in Idaho while antique shopping ~ the cutest shabby chic milk bottle holder that holds 6 half pint milk bottles ~ it came without the milk bottles; but, unbelievably we were able to find all 6 while shopping in Idaho, finding 5 at one estate sale. It is one of my favorite finds!
[I will be blogging in the next few weeks about shopping in eastern Washington and Idaho and some of the great finds we found.]
 
 

An antique wood table in the corner, painted white, with a beautiful vintage hankie for a doily and a vase of David Austin roses from the garden. 

 Second end table is an antique half table, painted butter yellow, topped with one of the vintage napkins and a thrift find silver tea set.

 

Thanks for joining our tea party. 

~ Julie





Today I'm linking with other blog tea parties, a great way to meet new people

21 comments:

  1. This looks just beautiful and so inviting! I feel like I could just jump right in and join you for tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, makes me feel very welcomed for afternoon tea!! I love your find of the milk bottle holder and how great to find the bottles to fit! Enjoy, Jackie in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! I would love to have tea there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how absolutely lovely! I so enjoyed visiting your gazebo for tea today. :)

    I popped over from Sandi's Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage. So glad I found you. I'm following you now and look forward to getting to know you better.

    If you have time, I'd love to invite you over to my own tea party today.

    www.softwindsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful place for tea! Just love your gazebo. You have a beautiful teapot.
    blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your creativity. I enjoy re purposing found items too!
    I hope you will accept my invitation to join us for tea and share your tea table with our ladies.
    You are always welcome for tea.
    Pam @ Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place to sit down, it's very inviting!
    Wishing you a happy Tuesday. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely and inviting…..
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely spot to have tea! Love the teapot and the teacup but I LOVE your milk bottle holder! What a find is that! And how wonderful you were able to find the bottles too! Lovely and inviting! Thank you for joining me for tea and I wish you a beautiful evening.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. That milk bottle holder is the coolest thing! I love your gazebo sitting area. It's so pretty and welcoming. One day my patio will be just as pretty! One day. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. The more I scrolled down, the more I found to love. I agree with Donna on the milk bottle holder. The fabric is pretty, the china romantic and inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Franciscan Desert Rose teapot! ( That same teapot is in my post too!) Your gazebo is lovely and the perfect spot for tea! I like the way you used vintage hankies as doilies on the tables.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply Gorgeous!!!
    So glad I found your lovely blog. I look forward to following along with you on all of life's many adventures!
    Smiles...
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to live in your gazebo - absolutely gorgeous! The glass milk bottles and holder are so adorable - I love them. Thank you for your wonderful post - I am following your blog now too!!
    <>< Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is all to breath-taking!!! Completely magnificent and it looks like it should be in a magazine...amazing!!
    HUGS,
    Cindy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tea! Love it all. So romantic and inviting. Thanks for stopping by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Julie! What a beautifully cozy spot you've created here! I'm now officially in love with your milk bottle carrier and bottles. (oh no....I feel another obsession in my future...) I also love the mix of fabrics you used on the gazebo. Perfect!

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely, inviting space!

    Have a wonderful Friday!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sending me the link to you post. What a lovely spot to sit and enjoy the garden! I LOVE your vintage milk bottles, of course! ;o) The chippy white wire basket they're in is too cute. Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great weekend,
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Exquisite tea setting in a lovely gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How pretty! I could sure sit there in that spot sipping tea all afternoon :)
    Q~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...