Thursday, June 10, 2010

Waverly tablecloth transformation . . . French Country curtains




Love this fabric! Waverly rose print. 
I couldn't find this fabric to make the curtains for our mud room, so I purchased the tablecloth on ebay; the red checked border was a bonus! I cut it the length I needed for our window and put in a rod pocket. The tie is a fabric tie that was wrapped around a comforter I purchased for our family room. It was a perfect tie for the curtain. I'm just finishing the final touches on this mud room remodel, and I will post final pics soon. We painted our 'vintage' oak cabinets a pretty french country red and added vintage style bin pulls, a wall mount deep sink, and a checkered tile floor in black and yellow. I love how it is turning out. This is also my sewing room. And, of course, I've added red toile. Thanks for looking. We are redecorating several of our rooms. You are welcome to follow my blog if you want to see our progress. Roses and French Country are some of my favs for decorating.
Check out more transformations at
The Shabby Chic Cottage

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love French Country too! This looks so good with your little plates - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, your curtains are wonderful, you did a great job and your colors are similar to mine. My kitchen, utility room and office are all painted in tones of yellow or gold, with red as an accent color. It really brightens my life! Just joined as a follower, so so nice to meet you!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind comments. I love red and yellow/gold right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...