Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Vintage Treasures . . . Round 1


Hi Friends, 
Hope you're all having a great summer.

I've been a little MIA, 
opening my new etsy vintage paper shop.
I have been very busy filling and shipping orders.
If you haven't checked it out yet, 
you can click on the 
Saltbox Paperie box on my side bar.
I have a large selection of vintage papers and
have only begun to list things.
Please let me know if I can help you with supplies
for your art projects.

After selling a lot of our stock at the Expo sale,
we have been restocking our inventory over the
past few weeks; in Boise and around town.
We even found a few sales where we got to be 'pickers'.

While in Boise visiting our family, we came
home with two extra suitcases, a box and
a carry-on tote filled with vintage treasures.


Here's Round 1 of our treasure hunting.


 Love this set of vintage Paris framed prints


A 1920's globe and chippy enamelware

 some very old Japanese paper lanterns


 The red watering can is primitive; made from an old paint can

 Lots of vintage door hardware, knobs and a few skeleton keys,
only 25 cents each


A large stack of vintage white napkins already cleaned and pressed


These are old metal pencil sharpeners with moving parts
 
a purple canning jar


Thanks so much for stopping by.
I'll be sharing Vintage Finds Round 2 soon.

We're getting ready to help with 
my great aunt's estate sale next week in Eastern Oregon. Hopefully, I'll be able to bring home a few
unique family treasures.

And I'll be a vendor at the 
Plucky Maiden's Junk Fest
at McMenamins Edgefield in Troutdale, Oregon.
Should be a great flea market
with over 60 vendors!
If you live nearby, come and say hi.
The property is gorgeous with restaurants, a hotel,
and live music outside at 6 pm.






Keep enjoying your summer!

12 comments:

  1. Julie, congratulations on your new Etsy shop! It sounds like you are staying really busy - and doing well. I wish you lots of success in your ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful finds, Julie! I think I love that box full of old hardware the best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the prints and enamel ware. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun stuff, Julie! Thinking I like the Japanese lanterns best. A lovely addition to a vintage garden party, don't you think?
    Joy!
    Miss Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stash! You managed to fit all of that, including a globe, in suitcases? I'm impressed! I am oohing and aahing over those skeleton keys. Love them. Wish I could go to your junk fest, that sounds awesome! Now I am off to check out your new Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am mad for old vintage things so your post was very exciting! You have some wonderful things and I can hardly wait to see what you bring back from the estate sale! Have a great trip and travel in safety...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I love everything!!! What great finds!!! I'm going to check out your Paperie Store on Etsy too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those are some great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Julie~ I love all the treasures you scored ~ especially the enamelware, watering can, napkins and pitcher with a bail! Pretty much everything! ;~D
    I remember giving away oddles of those little pencil sharpeners. There are so many things from growing up I wish I had today. If we only knew!
    If I ever get down your way I hope to look up your shop and pay a visit!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your etsy shop! I've created one, but never listed anything on it! Hahaha!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, I am so excited to see all of your great finds! I have missed chatting with you. I see that you are very busy..but a good busy. I am happy for you, Julie. I know you are doing what you love.

    God bless you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your treasures area wonderful Julie. I love the pictures.

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...