Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sharing some pink roses

Welcome to my blog.
Today I'm sharing some pink roses for Pink Saturday and linking with Beverly 
over at How Sweet the Sound.















The last pics are of a miniature pink rose bush we inherited from my husband's grandmother and then his aunt. It is so pretty and is always covered with precious pink baby roses. We have fond memories of picking rosebuds with our daughters when visiting. His grandmother and aunt are no longer with us because of cancer.
October is breast cancer awareness month, and just this week I found out that two of my cousins, younger than me, have been struggling with breast cancer. I'm sure we all know of someone who has suffered from this illness. Today, let's pray for those who have cancer and do the things we can to prevent this illness.

Thanks again for visiting. I hope you'll leave a comment so I can come and visit your blog as well.

~ Julie


http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/

9 comments:

  1. They're beautiful! I have made it a goal this season to work on my roses, I have yellow, red and pink. They make sort of a privacy against our pool fence, but we get extreme heat where I live and it makes for wilted petals. I am going to give them extra attention and see the experts at home depot and lowes for tips etc. Yours look so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi julie,
    your pink roses looking great.i love the colors
    nice pictures!!
    have a nice time,
    hugs regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Julie, Such a pretty and thoughful posting. You are so right in that we all seem to be touched in some way by this most pernicious of diseases. But, on the positive side, treatments have never been better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Julie ~ Happy Pink Saturday! All of your pink roses are lovely. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love pink roses and yours are gorgeous. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie ~ What a thoughtful post today. You are such a sweetie. I will definitely send up a prayer for those out there struggling with breast cancer.

    I have to ask how in the world you keep your roses so beautiful? No blackspot. No mildew. No chewed holes....? What's your secret? :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a day late but wanted to stop by and see your pink flowers. It is so sad that we all know so many women and men who are newly diagnosed with breast cancer. We need to pray harder for a cure and finding the causes so we can stop this progression.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So well said, so beautiful. I know so many women breast cancer has affected and this is a lovely post as a tribute to them. Thank you for the beautiful post and beautiful pictures.
    Most sincerely,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...