Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Roses in October . . . ? ? ?

I really thought I was finished with our garden posts, but . . .
it was so beautiful and sunny again today . . . I had to get outside
and enjoy it . . . 
I took a stroll through the gardens and the rose garden, and this is what I saw . . .

roses, roses, everywhere






 David Austin's Squire ~ my favorite!





I had to pick a bouquet and bring them in the house. I couldn't let their beauty go to waste in the rain; and the fragrance is fabulous! I can't believe we can have a rose bouquet for Halloween.

Enjoy our last rose garden post. We'll be moving indoors for future posts, unless there is something unusual . . . like a white bunny or something else of interest to share. And, of course, there are a few more days of New England to post ~ New Hampshire, Connecticut and Vermont.
Happy fall to you.

~ Julie


Today I'm linking with:
http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/2010/10/1020-outdoor-wednesday-93.html
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2010/10/show-and-tell-friday_21.html 
http://thehillsarelivin.blogspot.com/2010/10/last-halloween-ftf.html 

14 comments:

  1. What gorgeous roses you still have.....amazing colours. Fabulous bouquet you put together.I don't have any roses left in my garden at all.....but your post was so refreshing with summer colours.
    Happy Oudoor Wednesday! I'm now a follower of you blog, I just saw it today and I love it. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

    www.erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, yummy !!
    Happy Outdoor Wednesday ~ hugs from Savannah, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear.. such beautiful flowers! how I envy your rose garden! beautiful! beautiful!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bouquet you were able to pick - fresh from your garden in October! Wow!!! I have roses still blooming too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for following my blog and entering the contest. Love the roses!!
    xoxo
    janette mallory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Julie, How wonderful - such a charming Rose bouquet for October. And, they look so beautiful massed in the vase. Happy Autumn indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Outdoor Wednesday photos. Beautiful roses, mine also are blooming in Western NC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your roses look absolutely gorgeous, and the bouquet looks lovely in the white pitcher!!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I would be finished either if I had lovely roses like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie~thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi! Looks like we do have loads in common! Love your roses!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie, Oh lucky you, a big gorgeous bouquet!! I still love to wander and pick a few roses, but the weather is showing on mine....
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Julie,
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Love your bouquet and it's so good to see you still have roses in your garden. Enjoy them while you have them. You have a lovely blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...